As we complete our first year in Vancouver, it is time to reminisce. A big THANK YOU to all clients and well-wishers for making our venture a success. The family played a major role and we were blessed to have a variety of skills. All necessary for the initial set up. Following were the guidelines for the business, which were to be adhered to. Mission
- To bring a piece of Indian culture to our community.
- To support the artisan.
- Kaarigar would carry handcrafted home décor and gift items from India.
- Our collection would be a combination of functionality and beauty and
- We would handpick all our creations. No remote buying.
Achievements during the period
- Nishat, Neha and Rehan for all the hard work and help with the setting up.
- Nandu Oturkar, Earth Communications, for helping with the designing the logo and helping with the image along with all the printing.
- Hollam Design for making our space a pleasurable experience for shoppers.
- Faham Khan, our India operations head, for seeing that we keep well supplied.
- We evaluate our success through the relationships that we develop and not just by sales numbers. The volume of business we generate from repeat client is evidence.
- Our vision of a bulk division for supply to bars and restaurants came to fruition and we completed a transaction cycle in quick time.
- One of our major breakthroughs was the exclusive partnership with Omved, India’s leading supplier of top quality Ayurveda and Yoga products of the highest quality.
Moving forward, we plan to be an asset to the community and a good neighbor. We will pay heed to what our clients demand and endeavor to meet those needs as best we can.