Copper has great historic significance- an element so heavy in use at one point it defined an entire era, known as the chalcolithic age. To date, people use copper vessels like bottles, pans, bowls, etc., to benefit from its properties. At Kaarigar, we have collated a collection of the purest copper water bottles, pitchers, and more - exclusively with the help of local artisans. Explore the entire Kaarigar range on our website and buy handcrafted copper bottles, bowls, and more online. From storing water to aesthetic pieces - copper vessels can be used for it all. But for the metal to work its charm, copper vessels need some after-use care to keep their essence alive. Let’s understand this at length in this blog.
How to clean your copper vessel
Preserving and storing copper vessels, like water bottles, isn't an arduous task as long as you follow a few basic steps. Cleaning and keeping its look intact becomes significant as copper will oxidize. Oxidation of copper is a natural process where the metal reacts to the oxygen present around us and slowly starts darkening. There are simple things you can do at home to keep your bottle looking as good as new and, of course, clean.
Products made purely from Copper should be cleaned using natural cleaning solutions widely available on the market. Using chemical-based cleaners on pure copper products is a bad idea as they don't suit the metal and could do more damage than help.
You can follow the method listed below to take care of pure copper vessels and bottes:
Sprinkle some salt on a wedge of lemon/lime and rub it over the copper surface. Wash with a regular detergent after and dry. Repeat whenever necessary.
- Pour 1/4 cup of white vinegar and a teaspoon of salt into the bottle. You may substitute the vinegar with lemon juice or lime extract. Alternatively, a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda will also achieve the required results.
- Fill with Water
- Leave for 15 minutes
- Wash thoroughly before use
This process can be repeated once every 6 to 8 weeks.
Other things to keep in mind:
- In general, avoid scrubbing copper vessels with abrasive cleaning items like steel wool. There is a risk of your vessel getting scratched..
- Washing copper vessels regularly is a must to preserve them in the long run.
- To dry your pure copper vessels you must use a soft cotton cloth. This will avoid the stains left by water- helping your vessel maintain its appearance.
- When you buy new pure copper vessels, wash with a regular detergent and dry them before use.
- Refrain from using a dishwasher as the salts in their detergents can damage the surface.
About the Kaarigar Copper Collection:
Our range of copper products is handcrafted from scratch by artisans in India - the heartbeat and essence of our work. On our website, you will find an array of copper crafts ranging from Copper mugs and bottles to copper bathtubs, copper basins and copper kitchen sinks, oil burners, water bottles, and more. For every purchase made, skilled artisans receive their fair reward, and us - the satisfaction of boosting and standing by this vital community. Explore our locally crafted products online and buy some of the best quality copper products.
From ancient Ayurveda to modern-day science practitioners- everyone is a believer of the positives brought to the table by pure copper vessels. Whether used for drinking water or any other purpose, they are a must in our households. So look for the copper vessels you need and buy yours today to experience their benefits.