Copper Recommended in Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a system of traditional medicine that originated in India more than 3,000 years ago. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. The primary goal of Ayurveda is to promote good health, rather than fighting disease.
Benefits of Ayurveda include:
- Helps to balance the body, mind, and spirit
- Can help alleviate symptoms of chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and arthritis
- Helps to improve digestion and metabolism
- Can help to reduce stress and anxiety
- Offers a holistic approach to health and wellness
- Can be used in conjunction with other medical treatments
- Can improve overall quality of life
Copper is considered an important mineral in Ayurvedic medicine. It is believed to have a number of health benefits, including:
Supporting the immune system: Copper is thought to help the body produce white blood cells, which are important for fighting infection and disease.
Anti-inflammatory: Ayurveda believes that copper can help to reduce inflammation and pain in the body.
Aiding in digestion: Copper is believed to help the body break down food and absorb nutrients more efficiently.
Supporting healthy skin: Copper is thought to help the body produce collagen, which is important for maintaining healthy skin.
Promoting healthy hair: Copper is believed to help the body produce melanin, which is important for maintaining healthy hair color.
Support cardiovascular health: Copper is believed to help the body produce red blood cells and promote healthy circulation.
In Ayurveda, it is recommended to use copper vessels for drinking water as it is believed that copper ions can help purify water and balance all three doshas (Vata, Kapha and Pitta).