Copper Garden Tools
This variant is currently sold out
Environmentally Friendly Garden Tools That Protect The Soil and Your Plants
From the home of Kaarigar, the trusted brand for Copper, comes a new range of copper alloy garden tools, when used in cultivating the soil, would lead to healthier plants and be more beneficial to the Earth.
An early 20th century visionary, Viktor Schauberger, was a forester by training. He had opportunities granted to very few today – he could observe Nature in her raw state, undisturbed by human technologies. In the mountains where he wandered, some areas had hardly ever been visited by humans before. He learned from what he saw, the ways of Wise Nature, as he called it. He was convinced after experimentation that crops cultivated with copper ploughshares had larger healthier yields and fewer pests. He believed:
- that using iron or steel implements to work the soil was detrimental
- Everything in Nature is in movement, moving towards either growth or decay
- Metallic iron exposed to the weather, will rust and decay in a relatively short time
- There is no logic of trying to encourage plants to grow using a material that is in a process of decay
- Copper is much more stable, and it is not in a process of decay
- Copper actively resists harmful bacteria.
Benefits Of Using Copper Garden Tools
- Good for your plants
- Enriches your soil with trace elements
- Prevents infection of plants
- Deters slugs and snails
- Helps alkalise the substrate
- Long lasting and beautiful
- No rust
- Helps ionise surface water
Although they are called Copper Garden Tools, our tools are made with a copper alloy called Kansa (Bronze). Kansa is considered a Healing Metal in Ayurveda and consists of 80% Copper and 20% Tin. The handles are made using Acacia Wood. Acacia is a very durable and sustainable wood.
Since pure copper is a soft metal, it needs to be mixed with another metal to give it the hardness.
The Set Consists of
1. Copper Garden Trowel (large)
2. Copper Garden Trowel (small)
3. Copper Garden Weeder
4 Copper Garden Cultivator
We us the more expensive Acacia Wood for our handles because:
1. It is more robust and durable compared to other hard woods
2. It is known for its distinctive grain Patterns. We do not hide the original wood grain under varnish.
3. Acacia wood is Sustainable. The tree is easy to grow and does not need chemical fertilizers and insecticides.